Hi,
Two things.
Firstly, I would like to know if it is possible to
write in a program or script in perl to read a set of
two numbers seperated by a comma,  I have exported to
a  text file and the put
the numbers in another  table as arguements.

Secondly, can you give me directions if yes to above,
I  have written a script that will take the numbers,
and put then in another text file but I am stuck with
geting perl to treat them as variables
for the next text file. shown below

#! usr/bin/perl -w

open(PRE, "d:\mac.txt")      || die " cannot open
mac.txt for reading: $!";
open(POST, ">info.txt")       || die " cannot create
info_sbu.txt: $!";

while (<PRE>)  {# read a line from mac.txt into $_

       print POST $_; # print that line to info.txt
}

#Close(PRE)  || die "can't close mac.txt: $!" ;

#close(POST) || die "can't close info_sbu.txt: $!" ;
any suggestions or nudge in the right direction is
greatly appreciated