From:                   "michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> :-) Thanks for all the feedback. I had intended to send the assignment as an
> attachment and ask about:
> 1) Configuring my win2k box so that I could use the command line to run a
> perl program without having to type 'perl' before the name of the program in
> order to execute it, and

Add .pl and whatever other extensions you want to the PATHEXT
system variable (Rightclick "My Computer" and select
Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables)

You might need to set up the file extension mapping as well.

> 2) How to access perl documentation.
>
> C:\>cd perl
>
> C:\Perl>perldoc -f getopt
> 'perldoc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> C:\Perl>perl -v
> 'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

The perldoc.bat and perl.exe are in c:\perl\bin. You should have
this path in your PATH system variable.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me