    John> Now that is a handy little script. Thanks!  I have a related
    John> question . . . where does @INC come from? I guess there is a
    John> configuration file somewhere?

It's compiled into perl itself, I believe.  You can manipulate it in
script with the use lib ""; pragma or changing the bang-line to include
-Idir.  Outside of your script, you can manipulate the PERLLIB or
PERL5LIB environment variables.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
 "Blessings to the chap who invented ice cream, ginger-pop and the rest!