[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>                 foreach my $response ($record->{keys %response_values} )

What is this?  It looks like you are trying to use a list as a hash key.  I don't
think that is going to work.  A hash element should take a scalar as its key, not a
list:

Greetings! C:\Documents and Settings\rjnewton>perl -w
my %hash = (first => 'one thing', second => 'another', third => 'still another')
;
foreach $try_a_key ($hash{keys %hash}) {
   print "$try_a_key\n";
}

^Z
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at - line 3.

 There is one, sorta quirky, way that it can work, though:

Greetings! C:\Documents and Settings\rjnewton>perl -w
my %hash = (first => 'one thing', second => 'another', 3 => 'still another');
foreach $try_a_key ($hash{keys %hash}) {
   print "$try_a_key\n";
}

^Z
still another

Of course, in the above, the foreach is superfluous, since this syntax willalway put
one or fewer items in the list.

Is that what you were looking for--something keyed to the number of keys in a hash?
Otherwise, you may have to go back and define your goal and steps to reach it more
clearly.

Joseph