On 5/6/07, Golam Mortuza Hossain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have updated the interface of Ankur's E2B dictionary with Murshed's
> really nice BN Web tool. So now people can contribute new Bengali
> word without changing his/her keyboard layout and it should "just work" :-)
>
> http://www.bengalinux.org/cgi-bin/abhidhan/bdict.pl
>
> So please feel free to test it and post any suggestions that you
> may have.
>
> In April 2007, for first time Ankur E2B dictionary has reached
> five digit hits  (11,927) per month. Of late, Google ranks it
> very highly for relevant terms and of course Google ranking
> is the main reason for the surge.
>
> Now, I would like to put a issue for discussion. Does  use of
> Google AdSense  would make any sense? What are
> the main moral/legal issues for/against it?  Please feel
> free to share your frank opinions!!

I have nothing against making money, but the question is who makes it?
who pays taxes? etc. I'm not really sure how other open source
projects deal with this. It's probably not a big issue for projects
essentially run by individuals. Some projects create some sort of
legal entity that handles the money. I don't know if going that far is
worth it for us.

Then there's the question of what's going to be done with the money,
which is a whole different issue.

-Deepayan