Beowulfers,

In your experience, how close does actual performance of your processors match up to their theoretical performance? I'm investigating a performances issue on some of my nodes. These are older systems using AMD Opteron 6274 processors. I found literature from AMD stating the theoretical performance of these processors is 282 GFLOPS, and my LINPACK performance isn't coming close to that (I get approximately ~33% of that).  The number I often hear mentioned is actual performance should be ~85%. of theoretical performance is that a realistic number your experience?

I don't want this to be a discussion of what could be wrong at this point, we will get to that in future posts, I assure you!

--
Prentice