Stu,

I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Prentice

On 06/20/2018 09:03 PM, Stu Midgley wrote:
But the point of what I was saying is that we DID get real meaningful speedup with just a recompile...  we got enough performance to invest heavily in the technology (it made sense from a $$ perspective).

Then, every day for years, we got more and more performance, which made the position even more compelling.

    Seems to be in agreement with this one I made:

    Then when Intel's MIC processors finally did come out, guess
    what? You
    *did* have to rewrite your code to get any meaningful increase in
performance.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm...@gmail.com <mailto:sdm...@gmail.com>