Moses, like the trooper he has always been, braved his first round of chemotherapy today for osteosarcoma, having had his leg amputated on Nov. 13. He was admitted to Angell Memorial Animal Hospital in Boston for the day for his treatment, spending about 7AM to 8PM there; this is because in addition to the chemo., they do extensive blood work and testing of the urine samples that I brought from Moses. Plus, as a part of the treatment, they must "flush" the dog's "system."
They noted, on his "discharge" summary, that he is a very sweet dog!
He is under the expert supervision of Dr. Brum, who coordinates his treatments at Angell. Dr. Brum and all the staff at Angell treat me and Moses, and, I would imagine, all clients and patients, with great respect and gentleness and patience. Moses had adriamycin and cisplatin for chemo. and was also given medicine to prevent tummy upset. He seems fine.
The chemo. is necessary because bone cancer tumors are notorious for sending, even before amputation, microscopic cancer cells into the body.
I am so proud of Moses!
Lisa Allen