I think in all breeds, unneutered
> males 1-3 yrs old is the highest demographic of owner surrenders.

Eileen;

I have a rehomed neutered male berner that was 16 months old when he adopted
me.  He is the sweetest, most wonderful dog, most of the time, but he did
have issues.  We won't talk about the week that I had to wear long sleeves
because I bruises from my wrists to past my elbows on both arms following a
"discussion" in my backyard about it being time to go inside.  I won and
have just tried really hard to be consistent with him.  He is a good dog and
I am thrilled to have him, even though he stills exhibits a fair amount of
shyness around other adults, especially men.  However, he's better now than
he was 6 months ago when I got him.  It's a patience and time commitment
thing.  I am happy to have him and wouldn't think about ever giving him back
to the breeder, even after that "discussion" in October.

I want to thank all of you for the ideas and information that I get from the
list every day.  It has helped me greatly, being a new Berner mom.  I used
to be a Rottweiler mom and boy, are they different!!!

Wendy Keene, Lilah (the right-colored Sheltie) and Klarsson (I'm soooo
spoiled, now)
Hampton, VA