For those of you who have any cause to come spend money in Lancaster
County, just a reminder! A boycott has been underway in Lancaster County
for some time now. The representatives of the county at the state level
have been able to hold up any and almost all legislation that might
curtail the rights of their citizens to produce substandard puppies in
the most appalling conditions imaginable. A boycott has squeezed their
rather substantial tourist industry dramatically enough to make them
more interested in reconsidering that position. We still have a way to
go, but I for one would refuse to contribute financially to the county
(as I have been doing for several years now) - and I will do my best to
make that position understandable to any and all.

In case you need additional information about the boycott, please see:
        http://www.hua.org/Prisoners/millpetition1.html
        http://www.goodsamaritanpetcenter.net/animalsmills.htm

Here's a question for you all. If the BMDCA were to hold a national
event in the Northeast area that you would normally attend, and you
would choose NOT to attend were that event held in Lancaster County PA,
please let the BMDCA president know that. Send your email to Suzanne
Hostetter at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and tell her whether you would
honor a boycott in Lancaster County and not go to a club event at that
site. And please do it today!!

Thank you in advance!

I've been struggling with issues in Lancaster County for too many years
to want to support the blasted place now! Watchung - how many rescues
have you gotten that were bred in Lancaster? Potomac, how many ads do
you see that advertise Berners bred by the many backyard breeders in
Lancaster? And those aren't the worst of what Lancaster County produces.
I've seen rescue dogs from mills there, I have to believe that there is
a special place in Hell warming up for the owners of these mills.

Pat Long
Berwyn PA