Okay, I know half of you will think I'm going crazy and the other half are probably wondering if all my post will be related to babies/parenting, but this article, made me think about puppies. Well, the first time I read it, it made me think about my soon to be human baby. Then when I stepped back and looked at it again, it made me think about puppies.

I think no matter how you slice it, they are all babies, human or canine. Just as human babies rely on their parents for that nuturing, so do puppies from their human parents after they leave their canine mom.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this article. Sort of makes me think more and more about some of the behavior problems we see in dogs (as well as children) as they get older and how much of their puppihood (childhood) played a role in shaping that behavioral problem. I mean we all know the different potential causes of behavior problems, some genetic, some social, environment, etc. etc. I just thought I'd share this article with the list because I think it reinforces the importance of early nuturing, both for humans and animals.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/parenting/06/09/stressed.babies.ap/index.html

Enjoy!

Karyn Waugh