>> He is on the BARF diet and loving every meaty bite.
Hi,
About this "little big pup".
I am not familier with BARF, I am a "kibble-mother", but hope it is not only
meat your pup got. Too much protein make pups grow faster. Said without
starting i BARF-kibble-discussion.
About pups and the growing we in Sweden use to say small bernerpups grow a
kilo each week, means about 2 pounds a week. We also have a rule pups can
leave their mother and the breeder at 8 weeks not earlier.

The most breeders also recommend to give Bernerpups food for adults, of the
reason the pup should not grow too fast.

All kind of pain in dogs means visit to the veterinarian.
Good luck with your little pup and give Alex soft cuddle from us,
Margareta and Vincent