Hi, listers - I don't know if I'm being a little paranoid or not, so I
thought I'd bounce my question off of the list before I make a call to my
vet.  I was petting Harper last night and felt something kind of weird.  She
just had a fatty cyst removed from her hip in January, but this thing didn't
feel the same as that one did.  It feels almost like a gland and it moves
around when I rub it.  It's kind of on her ribs, by her belly.  I felt it
the first time the other day and it doesn't feel like a lump, almost kind of
1/2" long and roundish.
Hope I am describing this correctly.  Anytime I feel something strange on
her, I freak out a little.  So, I'm wondering if there are any opinions out
there as to what this could be.  Is it just a swollen gland that I should
wait and see if it goes down?  Or, should I just take her in and get it
checked out right away?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Ellen Lauber & Harper (5 yrs old)
West Chester, Pa