The migration kit is just another SRP-ID (Since you cannot have two
servers connected to the Blackberry network with the same SRP-ID).

In my case, RIM issued me a new SRP-ID and said that in 90 days the
SRP-ID that my current/old BES was using would become inactivte.

The migration kit is generally used to make transitioning to a new BES
server easier.

- Chris