I should have said "all appeared to be working well, until..."  BTW, 5 out of
50 users have reported the issue.   I did physical check of another 4-5 devices
that were fine.

Our setup:

Old Server:

BES 5.0 MP1
2003 Server
Could not be patched to 5.0 MP3 due to MSI file size bing too large for Win2003
server and OS was corrupted and would not take the hotfix
Server's history was a 4.x server running MSDE 2000, has been upgraded over
last 4 or so years
P4, 3GB of RAM

New Server:
2008 R2 x64 Server
Xenon 3.0 GHz proc
8 GB RAM
300GB SAS RAID 1 array
BES 5.0 MP3

---

I order the migration toolkit a few weeks ago, waited for the new SRP to
arrive, then I built the new server from scratch, installed BES and let it
install SQL 2005 Express on the box, then immediatley patched it to MP3.

Once that was done, I used the transporter tool to migrate users.  First one at
a time, then about 4-5 at a time.  The only errors I got were deletion issues
(removing user from old BES server).  RIM said this was a known issue with
MSDE2000 installs, and was not a problem...

The other server has now been turned off, and everyone is up and running on the
super-fast new BES server....

I had everyone pull their batteries last night on their BBs to make sure that
they came up clean / syncing with BES etc.  Since that happened, I have seen
the reported disappearing contact issues...