I have read this document, and I think that it is a useful solution to connect
the IPv4-only islands across the IPv6-only network running with MPLS.

Regards,
Shunwan

发件人: BESS [mailto:bess-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com
发送时间: 2016年3月10日 17:32
收件人: Eric C Rosen; bess
主题: Re: [bess] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-li-bess-4pe-01.txt

Thank you very much for your comments, Eric.

Yes, RFC5549 does specify the  procedures for creating a route with IPv4 or
VPN-IPv4 NLRI and an IPv6 next hop. IPv4 NLRI with IPv6 next hop is for the
situation where an IPv6-only network conneting IPv4-only islands. VPN-IPv4 NLRI
with IPv6 next hop is for the 4vPE situation.

What I want to solve is the 4PE situation, where an IPv6-only network running
with MPLS connecting the IPv4-only islands. The routes in the 4PE NLRI have
labels assigned by the 4PE routers.

Besides, 4PE routers need both IPv4 next hop and IPv6 next hop to build their
IPv4 routing table and IPv6 routing table respectively.

li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com<mailto:li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com>