Hi,

We are fine with keeping 5512 as the Normative reference for now.
We would think it wise if the editors can add an Informative reference to draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps (with some text indicating that both specs provide the required support for the procedures). The ideal situation would be that tunnel-encaps progresses fast enough so that in the last stages before publishing evpn-overlay we can be in a situation to make tunnel-encaps the Normative reference. RFC 4897 would facilitate that by the way.

If the WG has specific opinions on that matter, they are welcome.

We take good note of the shepherd suggestion. We'll confirm who will shepherd the document after WG LC (we'll also call for volunteers during WG Last Call).

Reviews are highly welcome anyway, in particular from people
close to the topic or implementations, and ideally from more than one
person, the best time being now or at least before the WG LC ends.

We'll start the WG LC in a couple of days.

Martin & Thomas