With FXC, VLANs from different ports are muxed onto a single service tunnel
(e.g., single PW). So, VLANs from one port on one PE can be spread on different
ports on the remote PE. Furthermore, only some of the the VLANs from different
ports on remote PE are multiplexed onto that service tunnel. So, for FXC, when
there is a failure on the local port, you cannot take down the corresponding
ports on the remote PE.

Cheers,
Ali