From: Suresh Krishnan <sur...@kaloom.com>
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:27 AM
To: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framew...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framew...@ietf.org>, Stephane Litkowski
<stephane.litkow...@orange.com>, "bess-cha...@ietf.org" <bess-cha...@ietf.org>,
"stephane.litkow...@orange.com" <stephane.litkow...@orange.com>,
"bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: (with COMMENT)

    Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: No Objection

    introductory paragraph, however.)

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework/

    COMMENT:

    Given the drawbacks this document mentions regarding the default DF election
    algorithm defined in RFC7432, I also think it would be better for this
document
    to update RFC7432 so that implementers are aware that there are better
    alternatives out there.
[JORGE] Sounds good. We'll do in the next revision.

    * Section 3.2:

    Who actually advertises Type 0 in the DF Alg field given that the legacy
    RFC7432 implementations do not use this extended community at all?
[JORGE] I agree that there is no need to advertise type 0 if there are no
capabilities to signal. However, you may well advertise type 0 along with the
AC-DF bit in the extended community.