Alvaro,

Thanks for your review and your comments. Please refer to my replies below
marked with "AS>".

On 1/7/19, 9:30 AM, "Alvaro Retana" <aretana.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05: No Objection

    introductory paragraph, however.)

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

    COMMENT:

    It would be very nice to have references to (PBB-)EVPN and (PBB-)VPLS in the
    introduction.  I think that all of these references should be Normative
because
    they are "documents that must be read to understand or implement the
    technology".  It looks like the references are made later in the text...but
    couple are listed as only Informative.

AS> All the EVPN and VPLS RFCs are listed in the normative section. RFC7041
which is about PBB-VPLS was in informative section which is now move to
normative.

    I don't think that the use of rfc2119 language in §2 (Requirements) is
    appropriate because (1) there isn't any Normative action from the
requirements,
    and (2) these are resolved later in this document.

AS> change them to lower case.

    I agree with others (Genart, Opsdir) in that this document reads more like a
    BCP or even an Informational document.

AS> I added a sentence to the abstract and introduction to explain why this
drat is intended to be "standard".

    [nit] s/(PBB-VPLS) solutions (PBB-)VPLS./(PBB-VPLS) solutions.