From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 11:39
To: Eric Vyncke <evyn...@cisco.com>, The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-fl...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-fl...@ietf.org>, "bess-cha...@ietf.org"
<bess-cha...@ietf.org>, "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>, "Bocci, Matthew (Nokia
- GB)" <matthew.bo...@nokia.com>, "rwe...@akamai.com" <rwe...@akamai.com>
Subject: Re: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-06:
(with COMMENT)

Hi Éric,

Thank you very much for reviewing.
Please see in-line below.
Thanks.
Jorge

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 12:19 PM
To: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-fl...@ietf.org
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-fl...@ietf.org>, bess-cha...@ietf.org
<bess-cha...@ietf.org>, bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>, Bocci, Matthew (Nokia -
GB) <matthew.bo...@nokia.com>, Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB)
<matthew.bo...@nokia.com>, rwe...@akamai.com <rwe...@akamai.com>
Subject: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-06: (with
COMMENT)
Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. Even if I mainly rely on the
int-dir review (see below), I quickly reviewed the document and found it very
useful and readable.

Thanks to Ralf Weber who did the INT directory review, at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-05-intdir-lc-weber-2020-08-28/

Please find below a couple of non-blocking COMMENT and NIT points.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==
-- Section 2  --
For my curiosity sake, why bit 5 of the 'Flags field' is not described? I would
have naively assumed that all flags would be contiguous.
[Jorge] Sure. When flag I was added, “draft-rbickhart-evpn-ip-mac-proxy-adv”
had been published and there were implementations using bit 5. That’s the
reason why we had to move the flag I, to avoid collisions.

== NITS ==

-- Section 2 --
While it is specified that the reserved fields are set to 0, the usual 'and
ignored by the receiver' is not present.
[Jorge] good point. I’ll add it in the next revision.

When describing the 'Router Flag', I suggest s/belongs to a router. /belongs to
an IPv6 router./ even if fairly obvious
[Jorge] sure, added it for the next revision.