From: Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:28 PM
To: Kaliraj Vairavakkalai <kali...@juniper.net>
Cc: Bocci, Matthew (Nokia - GB) <matthew.bo...@nokia.com>, bess@ietf.org
<bess@ietf.org>, draft-mishra-bess-deployment-guide-ipv4nlri-ipv...@ietf.org
<draft-mishra-bess-deployment-guide-ipv4nlri-ipv...@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] WG Adoption and IPR Poll for
draft-mishra-bess-deployment-guide-ipv4nlri-ipv6nh-03
[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Thanks Kaliraj for clarification.  Good point.

I will add comments to section 3 and 4 related to this.

If the control plane for IPv4 and IPv6 can remain separate for SAFI 128 or 129,
the data plane would then know the payload as the data plane forwarding would
follow the control plane AFI and would not need the deep packet inspection into
the MPLS payload.  Agreed?

This will all be included in the testing to determine the optimal overall
solution.

Kind Regards

Gyan

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:59 PM Kaliraj Vairavakkalai