Hi John,

As you have quoted my note in point #4 I feel that I need to comment on it.

So yes original discussions and major contributions of this work were
focusing on VPN use case and I admit when carefully re- reading it to find
some text there beyond VPN use case.

So we discussed it among co-authors. The point of adding 5.3 & 5.4 is
targeting the networks where Internet routes are not present at each node
and network uses summarization of infrastructure routes (no end to end /128
leaking in the IGP).

The text perhaps may require some clarification that use of SAFI 1 is left
for the operators to choose if the attribute should be attached to Internet
routes - when operator is offering an IP transit or it can be attached just
to next hops which are part of the infrastructure. Let's also not forget
that if this is IP transit in most networks you can reach all hops along
the path anyway (modulo transit SP/ISP policy).

I think major concern expressed from Warren was the potential compromise to
the VPNs when SID demuxing it would leak. Well as we know SAFI 128 or 70
are not public. Yes customer may advertise his routes to SAFI 1 and leak
but no one has control over it and it is orthogonal to what happens in the
SP network.

With that I think that #3 and #4 are no longer a concern.

Best regards,
Robert