Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment/

COMMENT:

I have serious readability concerns, but the RFC Editor will catch a lot of it.
I'd like to focus on the problems that limited my understanding of this
document.

The abstract is nearly impenetrable, thanks to dense acronyms and grammar
mistakes. The verbiage is repeated in the Introduction. In particular

OLD
These solutions introduce Single-Active and All-Active for an Ethernet Segment
(ES), NEW These solutions introduce Single-Active and All-Active redundancy
modes for an Ethernet Segment (ES),

(S1.2)
"In some cases, this aggregation of PWs that share the same LSP pair may not be
possible. For instance, if PW3 were terminated into a third PE, e.g. PE3,
instead of PE1, the vES would need to be defined on a per individual PW on each
PE, i.e. PW3 and PW5 would belong to ES-1, whereas PW4 and PW6 would be
associated to ES-2."

"defined on a per individual PW on each PE" is grammatically incorrect, but I
think you mean that each PW gets its own vES. But that would mean that you need
four ESs, not two.

(S2) Please add EVI and Ethernet A-D to the glossary