> On Feb 6, 2024, at 2:48 PM, Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net> wrote:
>
> I have been using BGP over TCP over TLS and BGP over TCP over DTLS for years
> testing Sproute's SDWAN solution. Works perfectly fine. In fact it performs
> much better then BGP over TCP over IPSec.

Cool. There are a great many things in the world that work and are nice but
haven’t been standardized. We tend to avoid basing standards on them. Sometimes
we do say “oh hey I’d like to base a standard on foo” and so we make an RFC for
foo so that we have something to cite. But AFAICT that is not currently the
case with the present example.

—John