Murray,

I had no difficulty launching /Users/brian/Applications/j64-805/jcon.app
after downloading the zip file into /Users/brian/Applications/ and
launching it. This was all done without initializing any other of the
executables from that zip file.

I had previously installed the aio file in the /Users/Application folder
successfully and was a little surprised that there were 2 separate
Application folders supplied by OSX, I guess.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Murray Eisenberg <mur...@math.umass.edu>
wrote:

> Something is still wrong with the Mac OS X version of j805/j86/darwin,
> beta-9, downloaded as j805_mac64.zip, 2016-09-21 14:04.
>
> If I try to open either jcon.app or bin/jconsole from Finder, I get a
> pop-up error window saying it “is damaged and can’t be opened.”
>
> On the other hand:
>
>     (1) Both jqt.app and jhs.app open OK from Finder (once I take the
> usual steps the first time to let the OS know it’s OK to open these
> executables from an “unidentified developer”.
>
>    (2) I can run bin/jconsole from command line in Terminal:
> me:/Applications/j64-805/bin]$ ./jconsole
>
> Something clearly is wrong with jcon.app !
>
>    JVERSION
> Engine: j805/j64/darwin
> Beta-9: commercial/2016-07-05T17:11:06
> Library: 8.05.04
> Platform: Darwin 64
> Installer: J805 install
> InstallPath: /applications/j64-805
>

> > On16 Sep 2016 11:08:55 -0400,Murray Eisenberg <mur...@math.umass.edu
> <mailto:mur...@math.umass.edu>>wrote:
> >
> > From download of both j805_mac64.dmg and j805_mac64.zip, dated
> 2016-08-25, I am unable to run jconsole.
> >
> > Of course I know I have to do a right-click to open jcon.app in order to
> give the OS X (10.11.6) system security permission to open, but I’m getting
> an
> > ‘“jconsole” is damaged and can’t be opened’ error; same thing if I try
> directly to open (using right-click to give permission)
> j64-805/bin/jconsole.
> >
> > I downloaded twice and checked to verify the downloads had the same md5
> sums.
> >
> > I had no such trouble with Beta-9 2016-07-05.
>
> ——
> Murray Eisenberg                                mur...@math.umass.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower      phone 240 246-7240 (H)
> University of Massachusetts
> 710 North Pleasant Street
> Amherst, MA 01003-9305

(B=) <-----my sig