In terms of how I currently use J, this would be a significant backward step for me.
I note from the antirez/linenoise github site that TAB completion is supported, but would need to be implemented by us? Another derivative of linenoise that appears to be more feature complete, while still being self-contained and cross-platform is https://github.com/AmokHuginnsson/replxx I do understand the allure of a no-dependencies solution that should work everywhere and I don't profess to any expertise in this area at all, so not sure what else I'm missing, it doesn't feel right to me that we are slowly losing functionality rather than gaining it. So if there is a solution that provides both "work everywhere" and at least standard functionality, it would get my vote. On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:21 PM bill lam <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes, this is a minimalistic replacement for libedit. > ctrl-r doesn't work either. > > One good thing of this jconsole is it should work on any > variants of linux because of its zero dependency on > libedit and its secondary dependencies. > > > Mon, 20 May 2019, Ric Tikkanz написал(а): > > I've noticed a couple of differences in the new jconsole terminal > compared > > to the current one (in Linux at least). > > > > * Ctrl+z doesn't work to stop the J session and return me to the > > terminal, so that I can later terminate or resume it, either in > foreground > > or background. > > > > * Tab-completion of paths no longer works. In the current (non-beta) > > version, you get tab-completion of paths although it does unfortunately > add > > a trailing space. With the beta jconsole terminal, pressing the TAB key > > seems to add a TAB. > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm > > -- > regards, > ==================================================== > GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24 > gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --armor --export 4434BAB3 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
