Fixing the window size when the tooltip detail is changed is enough of a pain that I'm going to do leave it undone.

I have fixed it so that when you hover over a verb in the header, the rank of the verb is displayed in the status line (which in Windows is just to the right of the << < > buttons). Perhaps that will reduce the need for verbose tooltips.

Henry Rich

On 10/28/2019 3:11 PM, Gilles Kirouac wrote:
After updating to dissect to 4.6.30, still using dissect '2 4 6 <@(]\)
''abcdefg'''.

If I switch from verbose to tutorial and there is not enough space
vertically for the full tutorial text, then there is no clue that the
text is incompletely displayed.

The rank of ]\ is of interest to the student. When my mouse is over that
verb in the graph, I want to know the rank of the verb which is 0 _. To
get it, I found no other way than using verbose or tutorial modes.

Le 2019-10-28 à 11:58, Henry Rich a écrit :
I put in some fixes for the problems you found.

Henry Rich

On 10/27/2019 7:48 PM, Gilles Kirouac wrote:
Yes, the window can now be resized and moved.

However if I widen the window, the pink boxes are now misplaced.

BTW, I think most users will adopt the verbose level since it displays
the ranks.

Le 2019-10-27 à 18:00, Henry Rich a écrit :
I see.  I think dissect is leaving a lot of space for tooltips. Try
this:

dissect
Tooltips>Detail>laconic
Config>Save

close the dissect window

rerun dissect

Does that get you what you want?

I should make the window not go above the screen height unless
necessary.  I will think about that.

hhr




On 10/27/2019 5:18 PM, Gilles Kirouac wrote:
See beta forum email.

~ Gilles

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

Reply via email to