Hi,
yesterday's nighty build of 7.5. "normal" (29960) had a completely
different but much quicker performance.

I've got a database with now about 160.000 tracks - digitalizing my cd
I added about 200 tracks every day. When I chose update scan it always
took about 2 1/2 hours (progress said: xx of 160.000 ).

Since Yesterday it only scans the CHANGED files, so it is "xx of 200"
and of course it's much quicker (about 20 minutes).

Is this a new behaviour of the scanner (which would be great)?

Otherwise I maybe found a bug:
Till Yesterday I had a directory called "m:\database" as music
directory which contained links to "M:\A", "M:\B" and so on.

Now I deleted all files that are NOT mp3 from HDD "M:", deleted the
"m:\database" and made "m:\" the new music directory. Maybe this caused
scanner to be much quicker?

Thanks

Frank

--