bits;646190 Wrote:
> I would say Classic would be there so older browsers, eg old pc's, old
> mobiles, old tablets etc etc can still use it.
> Also Squeezebox is sold in many countries where some of the tech is a
> little older than you might be use to.

The Handheld skin or a new skin optimized for screens with lower
resolution or slower CPU would probably do a lot better job than the
Classic skin for this use case.

However, the Handheld skin depends on Classic, so if the current
Handheld skin should be supported they would also need the Classic skin
to make it work. I suspect this was the reason why Logitech selected
Default and Classic if they only wanted two skins, the fact that they
support Classic will also make it easier for a third party developer
who like to add a third party version of the Handheld skin.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))