mherger wrote:

> Phil's comments were based on a buggy version of the search.
> Unfortunately he didn't verify his search after I fixed the sorting. I'm
>
> still convinced that if the weighting of the results is done correctly,
>
> then the results of the fts should be as good as the simple text search.
>
> The additional results added to the tail shouldn't hurt. Who cares about
>
> the millions of hits google shows up for any random search? Most users
> will check the first one or two pages and ignore the long tail.
>
> Michael

Here are some search screen grabs of searches mentioned by Philip and JJ
- the first 2 are search from the main menu
17349   If the search is shortened to - "love" beat -
you get a few more results
17350

This is a search song for hur lov sup
17351

Now that I better understand the use of quotes, I think this search is
excellent.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.63.20150205git1423147268 @ Sun 8 Feb on VortexBox, 150,000
tracks

|Filename: hur lov sup - song search.jpg                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17351|

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.