>Phil's comments were based on a buggy version of the search.
>Unfortunately he didn't verify his search after I fixed the sorting.
I thought I had replied.  After you made a change, the search did indeed start
to return results in a better order.

>The additional results added to the tail shouldn't hurt. Who cares about
>the millions of hits google shows up for any random search? Most users
>will check the first one or two pages and ignore the long tail.

Mostly true.  With the most likely results at the top, it doesn't matter as
much that there's extra results not of interest further down.  That is if
performance isn't affected.  I don't notice performance issues, as I have a
fast server.  Scan times?  Memory usage?  I haven't investigated.

On some occasions, I've been interested in how many songs I have with <blah> in
the title, so extra results means that the new search is no good for that sort
of thing.  But I guess Advanced Search can be used.