Well, reading this I checked my imgproxy.db and it is > 8 GB. Is this
normal? LMS takes ages to start...

No, this is not normal. How large is your library? What caching formats do you see in Settings/Performance?

Do you remember when you last _deleted_ that file? I know we've had an issue at some point where that file wasn't purged as it should. But fixing this for really good would have required deleting the file - which the code doesn't do. Therefore if that file was really old, from before that change (about 1-2 years ago...), this growth might have been caused by that old issue. Please note that running a wipe & rescan would not have deleted the file.

--

Michael