What about embedded images in tracks? Do each of them get precached
during a scan? If so, they'd greatly increase the size of artwork.db (as

For every track said sizes would be pre-cached, no matter what the source of the image.

well as greatly increasing scan times). If not, I would think the
potential for a malformed embedded image to unexpectedly blow up
GDResizer during normal use would be high.

Thinking about this I'm wondering whether those scans actually do finish the pre-caching. Maybe the scans fail, but it's not noticed, as the library would still be available, just with potentially slower first loading of artwork in browse modes.

--

Michael