For the record, and trying to get something useful out of this thread
:-) ...

mherger wrote:

> Is it still running Perl 5.8.x?

Yes, ReadyNAS Ultra is running: Perl Version: 5.8.8 -
i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi.

Regarding the crashes I got when doing the initial setup of a clean
LMS79x installs on my ReadyNAS and on my Windows PC, I came to think
about the new 79x option to include pictures and videos in your
scanning/library. I think I saw in some thread that scanning for
pictures might make LMS crash. I just tried installing LMS791 on
Synology DS716+ II (via pinkdot's LmsRepack packages), and noticed it
did not crash when setting the Media Library Name on the Basic Settings
tab. But this time I also de-selected the "Picture" and "Video"
check-boxes before applying the settings. I'm not sure if I did that
when installing on my NAS or on my Windows PC.

It made me think:
1) It would of course be good to fix it so it doesn't crash, but...
2) Maybe "Pictures" and "Video" shouldn't be selected by default on a
clean install? I would guess it are nice bonus features for a few
people, but most probably just install LMS for streaming and handling of
their Music collection. And it 's such a bad start to crash the first
time you run LMS.

*/Stig*
'http://www.*rockland*.dk' (http://www.rockland.dk) -
'http://www.*last.fm*/user/rockland' (http://www.last.fm/user/rockland)
- 'http://www.*discogs*.com/user/StigNygaard'
(http://www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard) -
'https://*plus.google*.com/+StigNygaard'
(https://plus.google.com/+StigNygaard)
*Server:* LMS 7.9.1 - 1491548882 @ Sat Apr  8 on ReadyNAS Ultra 2.
*Controllers & players:* 2x Squeezebox Touch, [Not used: Squeezebox
Classic,] 2x OrangeSqueeze. *Stereo:* Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd
Audiovector 2.
You might like to try my *'Art Grabr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20771-stig-s-art-grabr)* for fetching
big *cover-art* from various sites - or *'Album Linkr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21153-stig-s-last-fm-album-linkr)*
for a better *last.fm* desktop experience...