It seems unlikely, only a few days ago, and that someone would discover the
port open and write a plugin to only partially muck up the server, rather than
destroy everything!

I did change my mysqueezebox email address recently, and thought problems
connecting to internet could be due to that, but it's correct in lms settings
now.

Seems I have two problems:
1) rescan failing, probably due to a dodgy image file, and the rescan keeps
restarting in a constant loop, takes about 17 secs round each loop.
2) LMS can't access repositories.  Could this be due to (1) in some way, with
the scanner kicking off frequently?

What logging can I include to work out the dodgy image file that is crashing
the scanner?