Message for the day 13-11-2011

Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change,
when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company
changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your
limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible
for your life.

~Author Unknown

To find reasons to be happy is to increase happiness.

Expression: When the mind searches for reasons to be sad and sorrowful,
even        situations with no great significance are seen with a vision of
negativity. So there        is constantly an expression of words and
actions that reflect the need for sympathy        and reassurance. On the
other hand, when there is the search for happiness, then        everything
is positive giving happiness..
Experience: When I am happy, I start perceiving everything with that
vision.        It is like wearing coloured glasses. Whatever colour my
glasses are, the whole world        is coloured with it. Then, I am no
longer able to perceive and recognize negativity        and I am able to
remain happy with everything.

Soul Sustenance 12-11-2011

How Does The Mind Work?

        We can compare the mind with a screen, where thoughts, images,
feelings and associations        are constantly appearing. Thoughts
manifest themselves in the mind in the same way        as images on a film
are projected onto the cinema screen.

        The mind often interprets negation as affirmation. Therefore, when
we tell you not        to think about something, it is as if we were
saying, "Think about this" and these        thoughts are produced with even
more force in the mind. Therefore transforming negative        habits and
personality traits becomes a struggle. The most effective way of
fighting        is to ignore these unwanted thoughts, but we should then
immediately focus our mind        in another direction, thinking about
something positive. Thus useless or negative        thoughts have no space
to grow in our mind. Thinking positively is not a battle        against
negativity but by imbibing spiritual knowledge, we transform the
negative        into positive.

        We can compare the mind with a naughty child who is playing with a
dangerous object:        if you take it away from them they will cry until
they get it back again. Perhaps        a more effective method would be to
offer them something that would be of more interest        to them and in
this way, by having a new inoffensive toy in their hands, they will
leave the dangerous object alone.