Hi Isaac,

On 25/02/2018 00:58, Isaac Weaver wrote:
A while ago I filled out these two bug reports for BAM which are holding up
a project I'm working on

BAM is hard to maintain, as over the years the functionality has grown way beyond its initial design limitations. As a matter of fact, I hit limitations of BAM too, and started working on a new incarnation called Blender Asset Tracer, or BAT🦇 for short. Currently it resides in a personal repository at https://gitlab.com/dr.sybren/blender-asset-tracer.

Last week I've ported reading, writing, and iterating data blocks from BAM to BAT. Next week I'll be working on tracing, filtering, and modifying paths to dependencies. That should give enough functionality to reproduce the "bam pack" command.

Development of BAT🦇 is driven by choices explained in T54125. Anyone with a vested interest is invited to join the discussion.

Cheers,
Sybren