Hi Lassi,
hi Manuel.

You wrote, 2019-08-18 11:59:
>> OK, I am sorry it was not that easy.
>
> No problem. I appreciate the help. If we figure this out, maybe we'll learn
> something to make it easier :)
>
>>> RUN tar -xf bigloo4.3f.tar.gz && mv bigloo4.3f bigloo
>> Why do you need the renaming?
>> This is not a normal build step (without Docker).
>
> It's not necessary; it's just for our convenience maintaining the
> container. Since we'll be keeping up with new versions of Bigloo, we can
> make less changes to the Dockerfile if the directory name can stay the same
> for all versions.
>
>>> WORKDIR /bigloo
>> Is the / ok?
>
> Yes - the Docker container has its own isolated file system and processes,
> so it's simpler to do everything as root. You can make other users inside
> the container, and maybe we should, but it's not that important since users
> inside the container cannot access anything outside the container.

OK.
But this leads to a wrong path in bigloo's Makefile. The following "if"
leads to a bootstrap step (because /bigloo exists in your docker build)
and this bootstrap step cannot succeed

        if [ -x $(BGLBUILBINDIR)/bigloo ]

This line contains a typo. It should be

        if [ -x $(BGLBUILDBINDIR)/bigloo ]

You can add a fixing sed command to your script.

Manuel,
can you please fix this in github?

Ciao
Sven