From: Michael D. Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bikies@danenet.org
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:26:45 PM
Subject: [Bikies] USA Today article on cities killing themselves with parking

Our city zoning code is under review right now. There is no
meaningful address of this problem of draconian parking requirements
in the first draft of the zoning code.

A good description of how American cities keep destroying themselves
by parking is detailed right here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-09-20-less-parking_N.htm?POE=click-refer

I brought this issue up & its lack of address in the code rewrite at
the latest public meeting on the zoning code; the consultant could
only mumble something about finding "middle ground," and
miscellaneous other community planner blow-off jargon. Despite the
fact that the room of 35 or so people were largely in agreement and
mutully reinforcing of each other's views, she accused us of being
"extremists."

We're in trouble.

-Mike