Earlier in the article:

"... board supervisor Howard Licht, who suggested pursuing transportation
grants and contributions from bicyclists groups if the lanes were to be added."

So when we get around to reconstructing University Ave, do we go around to
Badger Alumni and hit them up for contributions?

more nonsense from Hillbillies out west:

"Board supervisor Gary Whitney spoke out against adding bike lanes saying the
wider road would be contrary to the town's rural character"

because nothing says 'rural character' like sprawling McMansions and minivans.
Hey Gary, hows the squirrel hunting out there?

--
=====
darin