Thanks Mitch! 

I'll take a little of the credit since after the crash and unfortunate death of 
the bicyclist in June at Baldwin and E Wilson, I asked TE to make that stretch 
of the bike path safer with better signage and pavement markings. I've also 
been getting ideas from residents about how to make the intersections at 
Division/Eastwood and Atwood/Dunning more bike and ped friendly. My goal is to 
improve the Capital City Trail through District 6 from Blair to Olbrich 
park/Starkweather Creek.  TE has some ideas to resolve the John Nolen bike 
path/ Machinery Row driveway conflicts, money is in future cap budgets to look 
at this intersection. 

I know that the traffic committee of MNA and SASYNA council want to collaborate 
on this issue as well. 

Your suggestions welcome.

Marsha 

________________________________________
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Mitchell Nussbaum [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Bikies] Nice signs on E. Wilson Street.

Have you noticed the new signs on the E. Wilson segment of the Capital
City Trail?  I think the people who put them there deserve some applause.

The "shared road" sign helps explain what the sharrows are for, and that's
a good thing.

I'm particularly impressed with the graphic on the "bike boulevard" signs,
which show a mother riding along with a kid in the rear seat.  This
portrays biking as a civilized activity performed by normal adults --
exactly the image we need to project.

I'm looking forward to seeing these signs on E. Mifflin, too.
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org
_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to