Actually, my daughter and her boyfriend (a downtown Chicago bike messenger) are able to stow their bikes in the luggage compartment of the Van Galder... and I don't think they pay any extra. But I'd much rather ride the rails

ME

On 11/12/2010 1:09 PM, Troy Thiel wrote:
Yes, the ability to access HSR to get to Chicago, Milwaukee, Minny, heck anywhere is a big plus about the expanded rail potentials for tourism..as it is here for folks in that market coming HERE..aka THE best place to Road Ride in the midwest.... The cost to take apart and ship with air travel, or bus travel is extremely expensive. I did meet one great Bike Builder who has created a line of bikes that are easily collapsable due to some cool frame and cable fitting strategies and fit into normal luggage, circumventing the extra charges that make travelling by bike prohibitive...check them out at
http://www.andersoncustombicycles.com/
Wish I had time to bike now..nice out! but work calls..darn
Have a great weekend, Troy

*Troy Thiel*
First Weber's Capitol Office
/*Over $75 Million Sold!*/*//*
222 West Washington Avenue, Suite 20
Madison, WI 53703*/
/*
www.TroyThiel.com <http://www.troythiel.com/>
Phone: 347-9670  Fax: 663-8040
email: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>


--- On *Fri, 11/12/10, [email protected] /<[email protected]>/* wrote:


    From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: [Bikies] Bike And Ride
    To: [email protected], [email protected]
    Date: Friday, November 12, 2010, 12:19 PM

    > On a totally non-political topic... I think I have heard that
    the trains
    > may have 'roll on' options for bicycles. Roll bike on in
    Madison, train
    > to Milwaukee, 'roll off' bike and bike around lakefront, visit art
    > museum, festival grounds, then roll back on and train home.

    Keep in mind that getting passenger rail service wouldn't just be
    a way to
    travel to/from Milwaukee.  It also means that you could do the
    same kind of
    trip to Chicago (something that seems to get overlooked in the
    debate on
    the topic).  You'd get there faster than VanGalder bus and have
    more time
    for activity at your destination--and wouldn't have to deal with
    what I've
    read to be VanGalder's somewhat bike-unfriendly policies.

    (Don't misinterpret this as a total slam on VanGalder.  I've taken
    VanGalder both to ORD and to downtown Chicago, and find it to be a
    much
    better service than the agonisingly slow and increasingly
    expensive Badger
    Bus to MKE.  Still, its a slower trip to Chicago than a train
    would be and
    it's easy to get impatient and just want to be out of a cramped
    bus seat by
    that last hour of the trip.)




    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    mail2web - Check your email from the web at
    http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web


    _______________________________________________
    Bikies mailing list
    [email protected]
    <http://us.mc531.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected]>
    http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org




--


M Evans
Madison WI
BLOG this and that
http://papawheelie.wordpress.com/

_______________________________________________
Bikies mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.danenet.org/listinfo.cgi/bikies-danenet.org

Reply via email to