Nice.

I found Montreal to be a strange place to ride a bicycle the one time I
did, several years ago. It's an old city, and streets are narrow. Cyclists
- generallly unhelmeted - ride surprisingly close to parked cars, as if
being doored was not a thing. And maybe it isn't so much there - it sure is
here in YVR. I could not personally adapt to that local cycling culture,
though.

As far as I know - admittedly, unresearched - this is the only jurisdiction
in North America where right on red is forbidden (but just on the island).
Not sure if that's a hint to something deeper in the cyclist-motorist
relationship, but I love that hard.

S. Rose