Minor quibble -- right on red is also prohibited in four boroughs of New York
City (Staten Island is the exception) except at intersections where signs are
posted explicitly permitting those turns.

From: "bikies" <bikies@lists.danenet.org>
To: "bikies" <bik...@danenet.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:06:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Bikies] Make Your Own Bike Lane

Nice.

I found Montreal to be a strange place to ride a bicycle the one time I did,
several years ago. It's an old city, and streets are narrow. Cyclists -
generallly unhelmeted - ride surprisingly close to parked cars, as if being
doored was not a thing. And maybe it isn't so much there - it sure is here in
YVR. I could not personally adapt to that local cycling culture, though.

As far as I know - admittedly, unresearched - this is the only jurisdiction in
North America where right on red is forbidden (but just on the island). Not
sure if that's a hint to something deeper in the cyclist-motorist relationship,
but I love that hard.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Ross, Arthur via Bikies <