khanh rua wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I install bind as a cache server on Solaris 10, Sun Sparc T5140. It has
> problem,
> bind always hang out when named reach to 5-600 Mb ('prstat' check). I have
> several servers and all have this problem even when i install bind in zone or
> try with a 64bit version.  T5140's a powerful server but bind can't make use
> of
> its power. I'm newb with bind an so i have just try some other way but
> useless.
> What should i do to track this problem ?
>

> Thank in advance,
> Duc Tien.

What version of BIND is this?

Are you running multithreaded (how many worker threads if you are - the
logs when named starts should tell you this).

When you say 'hang' can you give more detail, for example is the named
process still running?  Is it consuming CPU or sitting motionless (what
does top say?)  Is it responding to queries (try dig, try queries that
you'd expect to be in cache as well as ones that probably aren't).  Is
it responding to rndc (what do you get from rndc status?).

What sort of query rate is the nameserver receiving?

Have you configured max-cache-size in named.conf?

Kind regards,

Cathy