On 07/09/10 07:36, khanh rua wrote:
Can u tell me how to do this ?
If you enable query log, you might be able to see if it's actually
serving queries at that time.
I mean "it hang" is named process is still running but it cannot respond any lookup query. CPU is almost at low rate 5-6 % or lower. It's both hang with single thread or multithread.
datasize is 9999m
 max-cache-size is 2000m;
These are versions of bind i tried :
bash-3.00# file /usr/sbin/named
/usr/sbin/named: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped
bash-3.00# which named
/usr/sbin/named
bash-3.00# file /opt/SUNWbind9.6/sbin/named
/opt/SUNWbind9.6/sbin/named: ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped
bash-3.00# file /usr/sbin/bind
bind-9.7.1b1/ bind9.7.0P1/
bash-3.00# file /usr/sbin/bind-9.7.1b1/named
/usr/sbin/bind-9.7.1b1/named: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

running 'named -V' is the best may to show version and configure options.

In my circumstance, i can try installing anything as long as it can fix this bug. I saw on sunsolve there 's a patch for bind 119783-15. Don't know is it useful to fix this bug?

No, that patch provides BIND 9.6.1-P3 with no specific changes.

Could you collect some lock statistics using plockstat(1M)? i.e.:

        # plockstat -e 300 -p `pgrep ^named`

The -e 300 causes it to collect statistics for 5 minutes - experiment a little and feed back what is reported.

Mb i will check with other version of bind. Hope this can help.