On 7/10/10 2:09 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I can find nothing in the documentation that states such. If I missed
> it, I'd appreciate someone pointing me at it.

I have some vague memory of seeing messages to that effect when using it
on a Solaris system in around 1999.  I stopped using it around then and
switched to host and dig.

I can't point you to specific documentation (I stopped caring when I
started using dig), but I did find these:

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/nslookup.html
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/nslookup-flaws.html

As far as I'm aware it only hung around because it was available on
Windows NT/2K/etc., while host and dig were not.

Regards,
Ben