On 05/30/2011 09:15, Frank Bulk wrote:
Not all firewalls can hairpin a public IP back to a private IP. We’ve
had to do this, too.

First, firewalls don't do routing. :)

Yes, we could have create a separate zone, but that would requiring
training our staff to use on FQDN internally and another with the
customers. Easier to teach one thing to the staff and push the
complexity back on the configuration.

Second, s/configuration/DNS/, which I would argue is the wrong layer. Solve routing problems at the routing layer. But I realize that there are differing opinions on this.

                        -- OK Go