On 01/06/11 08:11, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 31/05/11 09:28, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
This problem could be avoided by providing the same data, but differently
sorted, correct?

On 31.05.11 12:27, Phil Mayers wrote:
Not really. Client side sorting may take place (e.g. to comply with RFC
3484 policies in calls to getaddrinfo) and destroy any server-side
sorting.

by "this problem" I mean the DNSSEC. Providing all the data just differently
sorted would cause them to be DNSSEC compliant, wouldn't it?

Yes, but the client would then re-sort the data, so it wouldn't achieve the original purpose. Sorting the data server side gives you essentially no control over which record the client will pick if they are calling getaddrinfo, as is likely.

As Mark has already pointed out, the approach is not intrinsically DNSSEC-hostile. It's perfectly legitimate to serve different data with different, valid, signatures. This is what happens with signature regen and key rollover. In this case, it would just be a permanent case of rollover - one KSK, one ZSK per "dns server" and different copies of the zone.

I withhold judgement on whether it's a good approach in general. I suspect it's just GSLB-lite personally.